Monday, January 21, 2008

Edge of the frontier series

The next bunch of photos are what I am calling my "on the edge of the frontier series". When anyone ask where I live an I tell them west of Airport II, I always get the response "oh, you live way out there". As if I can only get here by horse and buggy (yea, right- I wish)!

But since we have an official government sanctioned "prairie parcel" in the neighborhood I guess it counts as wild lands. They say there are Burrowing Owls in the field, but I still as of yet haven't seen them. Oh well, whatever it takes to keep from having every last inch paved. Maybe I should consider getting a milk cow to complete the local ensemble. Perhaps a couple of those mini-beef s you see at the state fair, a goat, some sheep- but I draw the line at chickens. Smelly dumb animals. Someone else will have to do chickens.

No comments: